Timothy S. Watson, AIF®, CFP®
Tim is passionate about helping families and business owners pursue their financial goals.
He also provides expertise in the creation of compelling solutions for corporate and nonprofit retirement plan sponsors, helping to manage several specific fiduciary responsibilities and add value to their participant’s bottom line.
As Executive Vice President at Strategic Financial Partners, Tim has built a focus around consulting expertise in the qualified retirement plans marketplace, in addition to providing comprehensive wealth management strategies for the individuals and families that he works with. Tim grew up outside of Cleveland, OH and graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Fisher College of Business at Ohio State University with a degree in Finance in 2002. After three years of portfolio management experience with a boutique wealth management firm in Columbus, OH, Tim moved his family to Colorado Springs in 2005.
Value-Added Business Services:
- Private Wealth Management
- Corporate Retirement Plan Strategy Evaluation
- 401(k), 403(b), 457, and NonQualified Retirement Plan Design Solutions
- Assist with the Creation of a Prudent Fiduciary Investment Process
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Guidance
- Participant Education
- Investment Monitoring and Due Diligence
Education and Professional Development:
- BSBA - Finance, The Ohio State University
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Professional
- Member of the City of Colorado Springs Investment Advisory Committee
- Named a “Rising Star” by the Colorado Springs Business Journal in 2007
Tim enjoys hiking, skiing, and mountain biking with his wife and four children in the great outdoors of Colorado. He stays connected to his roots in Ohio through leadership in the Pikes Peak Buckeyes Alumni Club, and also spends time volunteering and supporting various charitable organizations in the Colorado Springs area.
Tim is a registered representative and investment advisor representative of Securian Financial Services, Inc. Working with this individual or firm is not a guarantee of future financial results. Investors should conduct their own evaluation. The award honors young professionals under the age of 39 who are making a difference at their companies and within the community. It is for all young professionals, not specifically financially related.